Evanston Lumber, with support from WindsorONE, Andersen Windows & Doors, Boral and Huber Engineered Woods is proud to offer this one-day, hands-on building clinic.
Presented by Scott Wells, a remodeling specialist and nationally recognized author and teacher, this FREE clinic will help even the most experienced carpenter complete their work more effectively and efficiently.
This clinic will specifically highlight WindsorONE’s Protected Exterior Trim Boards and new line of Classic American Moldings, Andersen windows, Boral TruExterior Trim, AdvanTech floor and wall sheathing, and ZIP System roof and wall sheathing.
Don’t miss this clinic or the opportunity to receive special discounts, giveaways and coupons for some of the best tools and materials in the industry.
Save Time, Save Money, Reduce Call Backs!
- Date: Monday, May 14
- Time: 7:30am- 2:30pm
- Location: Bernie’s Book Bank, 917 North Shore Drive, Lake Bluff, IL 60044
7:30 - 8:30 AM: Hot Breakfast
8:30 AM – 9:30 AM: Managing Moisture
- Moisture content and wood movement
- Wood trim and alternative trim products
- Flashing materials: adhesives and perm ratings
- Durable exterior joinery
- Sillpans and flashing: drainage vs. barriers
- Integrating exterior door flashing with the WRB
- Pre-assembling window and door trim
- Production trim techniques for high-end homes
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM: Problem-Free Prefit Doors
- Preparing rough openings properly
- Solving cross-leg walls and jambs
- 1-2-3-plan for fastening hinge jambs
- Integrating exterior doors with the WRB
1:30 PM – 12:30 PM: Installing Crown and Baseboard
- Making a cutlist
- Crown jigs and fixtures
- Swing the saw: cutting mating miters
- Pre-assembly and coping techniques